Paul Taught in Athens
Today in KidLife Groups children learn that people can tell about the one true God. When Paul noticed how Athens was filled with idols, he boldly taught in the marketplace and the Areopagus about the one true God and His Son, Jesus.
Use these simple steps to guide your family during today’s Life Group time.
Step 1: Print Activity Pages
Print one for each child. This is a great tool to have as you go through the videos. Each download includes the Activity Page for your child and a One Conversation page for you to use with the Bible reference and story.
Preschool // Babies-Kinder
Step 2: Watch Bible Story Video
Before you press play, sit together and pray. Thank God for this special day to worship and learn about Him. Then, watch the Bible story video together.
3. Read & Discuss The Bible Story Together
Use the Activity Page and One Conversation Page you printed to read and discuss the Bible Story together. Select an activity and talk about how it goes along with the story.
One’s & Two’s
Make Fingerprints and Listen to Music Gather: Music, Washable stamp pads, white paper, scissors, markers, wet wipes
- Cut the paper into half sheets
- Play music softly while child stamps and creates.
- Invite the children to make fingerprints on their papers
- Read aloud as you print on the child’s paper People tell about God and Jesus.
- Mention that each person has a different fingerprint and is special to God and Jesus.
- Clean fingertips with the wet wipes when the child has finished.
Three’s – PreK
Walk and Water Paint
Gather: Teaching Picture. Pitcher of water, cups, paint brushes
- Print off the Activity Page, and find today’s teaching picture.
- Take your child outside. Notice and talk about the things around you – houses, buildings, gardens,.
- Find a sidewalk or a wall. Pour a small amount of water in a cup and give it to the child. Show him how to dip the brush in the water and paint on the sidewalk/wall.
- Show the Teaching picture.
- Mention that Paul taught many people at a church in Athens.
- Comment that some people believed what Paul said about Jesus, but others did not.
Gather: Bible. Magnifying glass, cardboard tube, nature items (such as leaves, acorns, flower petals, sticks, pinecones, shells, rocks), a tray.
- Put the nature items on the tray.
- Print on a piece of paper and mark it in the Bible – “We must tell what we have seen and heard about Jesus. Acts 4:20”
- Ask your kindergartner to open the Bible at the marker.
- Point to Acts 4:20 in the Bible, then say the verse aloud together.
- Practice the verse by saying it loud, saying it soft, saying it in a deep voice, and saying it in a high pitched squeaky voice.
- Comment that Paul told the people in Athens everything he had seen and heard about God and Jesus.
- Encourage the child to observe what he sees on the tray using the magnifying glass, or paper tube if a magnifying glass is not available.
- Tell the child he can tell what he has seen and heard about God.
TELL ABOUT JESUS TOSS
- You will need a ball of yarn, string, thread, or rope. Have your family stand in a circle.
- Say “I can tell (insert a family member’s name) about Jesus” then toss the ball of yarn to that person, while holding the end of the yarn.
- That family member will say “I can tell (insert a different family member’s name) about Jesus. Then will hold part his/her part of the yarn and toss the yarn to that family member.
- Continue until everyone is holding a piece of yarn. Let your kids know that this is what it looks likes when we tell people about Jesus.
Whisper Line (Telephone)
- Whisper one of the “Jesus Truths” to a family member. Instruct them to whisper to the next family member. Continue until the whispered truth reaches the last person.
- The final person will say out loud what the whispered truth was and see if it is correct.
- Repeat with a new truth as you a new family member begins the whisper line.
- Remind your child that they can be bold and tell people these “Jesus Truths” too, just like Paul!
Jesus Truths: Jesus cares about people, Jesus healed the sick, Jesus did many miracles, Jesus taught us how to live, Jesus never sinned, Jesus dies for people’s sins, Jesus rose from the dead and is alive today, and Jesus is our Savior.
Guess the Unknown
- Collect a few canned goods and remove the labels (but hide them away) and number each can. Keep a list of what labels match the can. For fun add a few extra labels like dog food, etc.
- Each child or family member should get a pen and paper. Then they should number on the can with the correct label. (looking at all labels, can hold and shake cans as well)
- Reveal the label that matches each can and see how many they guessed correctly.
- Ask if it was hard not knowing what was in each can.
- Remind your child that Paul told Jesus to those who did not know Jesus was our Savior.
Follow Jesus Footsteps
- Write the following Bible verses on a piece of paper. John 3:16; Romans 3:23; Psalm 51:4; Romans 6:23; Romans 5:8; Romans 10:9; Mark 16:15.
- View or print the statement from Jesus Footsteps.
- Use your Bibles to match each verse to the footprint and put in order.
- Remind your child these are the steps we take to follow Jesus. We start by hearing Jesus and finish by telling others about Jesus.
4. Missions Emphasis
Lead kids to discuss and compare the cultures of people groups in Africa to kids’ own cultures. Remind kids that Jesus came and died so that all people could have eternal life. Invite a child to pray that the unreached people in Africa would hear about Jesus.
- Thank God for being the One true God and sending Jesus to be our Savior.
- Ask God to allow your child to be Lord of his/her life and tell others about Jesus.
- Ask God that we are given the opportunity to see new people and that they will hear us as we tell them about Jesus.
- Give us the power to know how and what to tell our friends about God’s son- Jesus.
LifeWay Digital Pass
For additional resources and videos, check out the LifeWay at Home Digital Pass.