The Antioch Church Helped
Today in KidLife Groups children learn that the church helps fellow Christians. The church in Antioch sent food to help the Jerusalem church during a time of famine. What are some ways you can reach out to other Christians?
Involve your child in donating food to the CFBC Community Ministry Center that helps people in our community or volunteer to do yard work for a senior adult in your neighborhood. Find a job in which your child could participate.
Use these simple steps to guide your family during today’s Life Group time.
Step 1: Print Activity Pages
Print one for each child. This is a great tool to have as you go through the videos. Each download includes the Activity Page for your child and a One Conversation page for you to use with the Bible reference and story.
Preschool // Babies-Kinder
Step 2: Watch Bible Story Video
Before you press play, sit together and pray. Thank God for this special day to worship and learn about Him. Then, watch the Bible story video together.
3. Read & Discuss The Bible Story Together
Use the Activity Page and One Conversation Page you printed to read and discuss the Bible Story together. Select an activity and talk about how it goes along with the story.
One’s & Two’s
Move Across On The Verse
Gather: sidewalk chalk, Weekly Verse (Galatians 5:13). Tip: you may also print each word of the Weekly Verse on separate papers and tape to the floor with clear contact plastic to play inside.
- Draw six squares in a row on the sidewalk. Print each word of the Weekly Verse and the reference in a separate square.
- Say the verse to your child.
- Ask him/her to hop from one word to the next as you say the verse.
- Allow your child to go across the verse several times.
- Suggest different ways to move (walk forward, walk backward, skip, jump)
Three’s – PreK
Paint With Forks
Gather: Kids Activities Page, paper plates, plastic forks, paint in shallow pans, painting smocks.
- Help child put on smock before painting. Guide them to press the forks into paint and then drag or press the forks on the plate to make designs.
- Read the Bible story from the Kids Activities Page. Comment that the people in Judea did not have enough food. Review the story with questions as your child paints.
- Say that people at church give and help others.
- Name ways our church helps other people. Consider buying and taking food to the Community Ministry Center this week.
- Pray for our church ministries and the people who need food.
Gather: Kids Activities Pages, Bible, small plates, napkins, any fruit, small crackers, cheese cubes, and tray.
- Prepare the food tray.
- Say, “People at church give and help others.” Explain that churches provide ways for people to help others.
- Allow your child to select the food of his/her choice from the tray.
- Open the Bible to Acts 11 and read verses 19-30 aloud as you and your child eats.
- Remind your child about how people at the church in Antioch helped others by giving to help others who would be without food.
- Pray and thank God that people at church can help others. Thank God for food to eat. Consider donating to the Community Ministry Center at church this week with your child.
- Have your child complete the Kids Activities Page.
Inside/Outside Musical Chairs
You will need chairs, balls of paper (any item will work), and music. Gather up enough to have 1 less chair and ball than people playing.
- Place chair in the middle of the room and balls against a wall.
- Explain to your family that when music starts they will begin walking in a circle around the chairs.
- When you stop the music, shout “Inside!” or “Outside!”
- If “Inside” your family will find a seat on the chairs. If “Outside” they will run to the wall to pick up a ball.
- Whoever doesn’t find a chair or grab a ball is out. Continue playing by removing a chair and ball. **If not enough family members to play, switch turn being the music master.
- Remind your kids that helping fellow Christians can happen inside AND outside of church.
- Gather all your family members together in a circle (the more the merrier). Huddle up together and close your eyes.
- Put your hands in the middle and hold hands with each other.
- Open your eyes then try to untie the knotted hands to form a group circle. BUT you cannot let go of the hands you are holding.
- Explain to your kids that you have to help one another and work together, and helping others is an act of worshiping God.
Bible Verse Look-up
- Grab your Bibles and have your children look up and read aloud. Galatians 5:13, John 13:14-15, Isaiah 58:10, & Matthew 20:28
- Ask what all the verses have in common. Mention how serving others is an act of worship to God.
- Have your children partner up with their sibling or parent. Take paper and crinkle into a ball. (Need a ball per team)
- Work together to move the ball across the room to a designated finish line. BUT you can only use body parts called out at that specific time.
- For instance, start by letting your children only use their hands, then should out feet can only be used, then shout out elbows can only be used.
- You can play multiple times and use different body parts, OR if you have enough people teams can race to get the ball across the room.
- Tell your child that this week’s Bible story is about people in a church that helped each other.
4. Missions Emphasis
- Remind your child that a group from Oklahoma went to Poland to lead a Vacation Bible School and a camp to help Polish people learn English.
- Think about supplies the missions group might have packed.
- Invite your child to play a memory game. Player 1 should say: “The team that went to Poland packed ____________,” filling in the blank with an item such as “decorations.” Player 2 might say: “The team that went to Poland packed decorations and snacks.”
- Continue adding to the list.
- Tell your child that while not everyone can go on an international missions trip, everyone can pray and give offering money to missions, like International Treasure House. The church meets the needs of people.
- Thank God for showing us many ways we can worship.
- Ask God to help your family find a way to serve.
- Ask God to give you eyes and compassion to see others in need.
- Ask God to help you and your family know how to meet the needs of others.