GREAT NEWS FOR CHAMPION READERS 2020!
CURBSIDE CHECKOUT IS HERE FOR YOU!!
This different and exciting summer will find Champion Readers (3 years – 5th Grade) being able to enjoy some fun reading by following these easy steps:
- Register with the Champion Reader Registration.
After the library receives each family’s Champion Reader Registration Form, you will receive each child’s Barcode # and Password in an email.
- Reserve Your Books
- Go to championforest.org/guide/library and click on Library Catalog Search (in red letters). In the upper right-hand corner of the Online Catalog screen, there is a blue button labeled “Log On”. Click this button. It will bring up a new screen where the child’s Bar Code # and Password (provided by library) needs to be entered. After this information is entered, select the “Log On” button.
- After logging on to the Online Catalog, you will be able to look up books by call # and reserve up to 10 books for each child. The library will receive this book request and the child’s books will be pulled, checked out, and placed in a green CFBC Library bag (Family Book Bag).
- The book checkout limit for each child will be 10 books for Ages 3 – 2nd grade, and 5 books for Grades 3 – 5. All books will be checked out for 4 weeks.
- As children finish their books, you may go back to the Online Catalog and reserve the next group of books to complete your reading goals for being a Champion Reader. As we send you registration information, we will include in that email the schedule time slots for picking up and returning Family Book Bags to the FLC driveway.
- Pickup Your Books
- Each Family Book Bag will be placed on a cart in the drop off circle of the Family Life Center on the Champions Campus. You may drive through, and a library volunteer will bring your Family Book Bag to your car…. all ready for fun reading! If you had books checked out when the CFBC campus closed, you may return them when you make your child/children’s 1st pick up for Champion Reader books.
- Fill out your Reading Log
Reading Logs will be included in the Family Book Bag, to help you record the books read by each child. Please remember to note in the Champion Reader Registration Form if you have more than one child reading the same books. Only one Reading Log is needed if 2 children are sharing books. All books listed as read will be from the Champions Campus Library only.
For children ages 3 years old – 2nd grade who complete 10 books, and children from 3rd-5th Grade who complete 5 books, prizes will be ready for you to pick up as you return your first bag.
It is a Champion Reader tradition to celebrate the completion of their reading goals with PIZZA and a super prize. August 12 will be celebration day for those children from Ages 3 – 2nd grade who complete 20 books, and 3rd though 5th graders who complete 10 books. Those great readers will have their names listed on the Champion Reader Wall of Honor frame, along with a super prize…AND PIZZA!
The Champions Campus has never had curbside checkout for books before this summer, so it will be new for us too. As you have questions about how to use our Online Catalog to find books for your children, feel free to call the Library at 281-885-6725 during library hours and we will “talk” you through how to locate books for your child’s summer reading.