To say that things have changed would be an absolute understatement. In the midst of this global pandemic, known as COVID19, God’s Word still remains faithful and true!
Hebrews 10:23-25 “23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”’
This passage admonishes the reader to keep trusting God for He is FAITHFUL. We may not know what our future holds but we definitely know who holds our future, and HE is good, perfect, and sovereign! So, now more than ever, it’s imperative that we stay close to God and “close” to each other. Verse 25 exhorts us to keep meeting together. The way we “meet” has moved online, and you may ask, “how do I to attend church online?”, well, I’m glad you asked. Here are 5 ways to get the most out of our online worship services:
- Get out of bed (on time) and get dressed! My wife and I did this on Easter it totally changed our mood and mindset as we prepared for worship.
- Gather everyone in the house and worship together. Save chores for later and put the phones away so you can really lean in to this worship experience.
- Play the service on the biggest TV in the house. (Trust me on this)
- When the music is playing: stand, sing, and worship! It doesn’t matter how well you sing or don’t sing because Psalms 95:1 declares “Oh come let us sing the the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!”
- During the Sermon: Bring your Bibles and take notes. When the sermon is over have a quick discussion about the you learned and conclude that time in prayer.
I can almost guarantee you, if you follow these 5 Steps, you’ll have a richer worship experience!
Associate Pastor to Young Adults