Daniel in the Lions’ Den
Today in KidLife Groups, children learn that God gives people strength to obey in difficult times. Daniel was thrown into a lions’ den for disobeying the king’s law, but God protected him.
Help your child understand that she will face difficulties in her Christian faith. Talk about situations she might have already faced because of her beliefs. Remind your child that God is with her, just as God was with Daniel.
Use these simple steps to guide your family during today’s Life Group time.
Step 1: Print Activity Pages
Print one for each child. This is a great tool to have as you go through the videos. Each download includes the Activity Page for your child and a One Conversation page for you to use with the Bible reference and story.
Step 2: Watch Bible Story Video
Before you press play, sit together and pray. Thank God for this special day to worship and learn about Him. Then, watch the Bible story video together.
3. Read & Discuss The Bible Story Together
Use the Activity Page and One Conversation Page you printed to read and discuss the Bible Story together. Select an activity and talk about how it goes along with the story.
One’s & Two’s
Build A Lions’ Den With Blocks
Gather: Kids Activity Page, blocks, toy lions (if you have them).
- Invite your child to play with his/her blocks. Use your Kids Activity Page or Bible to tell the Bible story as your child plays.
- Comment that God helps people obey Him.
- Suggest that your child use blocks to build a lions’ den. They can place toy lions inside. Talk about the Bible story and go over the Weekly Verse, Psalm 50:15, “Call to Me, and I will help you.”
Three’s – PreK
Make An Obey Mobile
Gather: Kids Activity Page, Bible, heavyweight paper, stamps and stamp pad (optional), index cards, markers, yarn, hole punch, scissors.
- Fold paper in half (lengthwise) and print “Obey God” on it.
- Go over Bible story using the Kids Activity Page and Bible.
- Invite your child to use the index cards to make cards to go on his/her mobile. He/she could draw a picture of themselves obeying God. Help him/her write “God helps people,” and “Call to Me, and I will help you, Psalm 50:15” on index cards. Another verse he/she can write is the Unit Verse, “Love God and always do what He says” Deuteronomy 30:20. Your child can use any materials you have to create however many index cards he/she would like. Ask your child to think about how he/she can obey God.
- When finished creating the index cards, help child punch holes at the top (and bottom of some) of each card and string cards together at varying lengths to create a mobile. Review the Bible story as you both work.
Make A Bible Verse Quilt
Gather: Kids Activity Page, construction paper of different colors, masking tape (colored, if you have it), scissors, markers, gel pens.
- Cut construction paper into 3-inch squares (child will need nine squares).
- Go over Kids Activity Page with your child, discuss the Bible story. Tell your child that God helped Daniel know how to obey Him. Go over the Weekly Verse, “Call to Me, and I will help you. Psalm 50:15”
- Ask your child to print one word and the reference (from the Weekly Verse) on each square of construction paper. He/she can decorate their squares with markers and gel pens.
- When your child is finished with his/her writing and drawing, help him/her cut tape to attach the squares in a 3-by-3 grid arrangement with the words in order. Enjoy the beautiful quilt and Bible verse together.
4. Missions Emphasis
- Guide kids to review the missions story.
- Explain that even though Luis and Betty Soto serve in a church where most people speak English, God is using them to share the good news of Jesus in Spanish.
- Show kids a Spanish Bible passage either found online or using a Spanish Bible.
- Use the “Jesus Loves You” printable from the missions download above and display it.
- Lead kids to say the phrase in English and then in Spanish.
- Pray and thank God for the Sotos and the work they are doing in Salt Lake City, Utah.