God Created Animals
Today preschoolers learn that God made animals. After creating the earth and providing a source of food, God spoke all the animals—birds, fish, and land animals—into being.
God Created People
Today 1st-5th Graders learn that God created people to live in families. From the creation of man and woman, God’s perfect plan for people was put in place— marriage between a man and woman.
Remind your child that God planned for people to live in families, and every family is different. Guide your child to name her immediate and extended family members. Invite her to pray and thank God for her family.
Use these simple steps to guide your family during today’s Life Group time.
Step 1: Print Activity Pages
Print one for each child. This is a great tool to have as you go through the videos. Each download includes the Activity Page for your child and a One Conversation page for you to use with the Bible reference and story.
Preschool // Babies-Kinder
God Created Animals
Step 2: Watch Bible Story Video
Before you press play, sit together and pray. Thank God for this special day to worship and learn about Him. Then, watch the Bible story video together.
3. Read & Discuss The Bible Story Together
Use the Activity Page and One Conversation Page you printed to read and discuss the Bible Story together. Select an activity and talk about how it goes along with the story.
One’s & Two’s
Play “Be A…”
- Ask your child to pretend to be the animals you name.
- Example- Say: “Be a monkey.”
- Give your child time to play like a monkey.
- Call out other animals for your child to pretend to be like.
- Say: “God saw everything He made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:31.” Discuss other things God has made and thank Him for those things.
Three’s – PreK
Make Bird and Fish Collage Art
Gather: Kids Activity Page, print bird and fish shapes, glue, colorful tissue paper, pieces of glitter paper or other specialty papers, scissors, paper plates, small paintbrushes.
- Make copies of bird and fish shapes (however many you’d like your child to make). You may want to pour a small amount of glue onto a paper plate that your child can use a small paintbrush to paint the glue onto their bird or fish shapes.
- Invite your child to paint glue onto his/her bird or fish shapes. He/she can tear or cut the paper and press the pieces onto the glue on their shapes.
- Talk about different kinds of birds and sea creatures.
- Say that God made fish and sea creatures. Add that God made birds and all flying animals. Talk about the Bible story and have your child complete the Kids Activity Page.
- Pray. Thank God for making all kinds of animals and encourage your child to thank God for animals too.
Use Animal Stencils
Gather: Kids Activity Page, Bible, animal stencils, colored pencils, paper.
- Go over the Bible story with your child and allow him/her to complete the Kids Activity Page.
- Show kids how to draw inside the stencils to make animals on their papers. If you do not have any stencils, have your child draw different animals on paper. Talk about the Bible story as your child works.
- Comment that God made every kind of animal- big and little, wild animals and cattle, birds and fish, insects and bugs.
- Help your child open the Bible to Genesis 1:31. Say the verse together: “God saw everything He had made, and it was very good.” Help your child print the verse on his/her animals paper.
- Thank God for the world He made.
- Talk about some of your favorite family memories.
- Look at pictures and make a collage of your favorite family memories. Title the picture God Created My Family
- Let your kids know God created your family to help you guys learn and grow.
- Draw a family tree with your kids. Let them fill it out as much as possible.
- Let them know that all families are not alike, but God never meant for people to live alone. That is why we have families.
- Pair of your family members
- You will call out an action, and each person will need to match their partner’s motions as if they are looking in the mirror.
- Actions: climb a mountain, jump rope, play patty cake, flex your muscles, and try on a pretend jacket
- Tell your kids that God created man and woman in His own image.
- Read Genesis 1:26 and remind them we are to bear the image of Jesus and be like Jesus to our family.
Who Am I?
- Review Bible story and have your kids answer “Who Am I?”
- I looked after the garden. (Adam)
- This is my name because I was taken from man. (woman)
- You can’t eat from me. (tree of knowledge of good & evil)
- I came from Adam’s flesh. (Eve)
- I wanted a helper for Adam. (God)
- I was used to make a woman. (Adam’s rib)
- I was named by Adam. (animals)
- I fly in the air. (bird)
- I was made out of the dust. (Adam)
Telephone Memory Verse
- Read Psalm 139:14
- Whisper 1st sentence of verse in one family member’s ear, have them whisper in another family member’s ear, and so on. The last person to hear the sentence will say it out loud.
- Then whisper the 2nd sentence.
4. Missions Emphasis
- Distribute copies of “Map to Mozambique“ and markers.
- Help kids draw a line from where they live to the country of Mozambique.
- Remind kids that even though missionary Sally Hamrick did not know where Mozambique was, she was willing to travel there to tell kids about Jesus.
- Encourage kids to display the maps at home as reminders to pray for the children of Mozambique.
Thank God for your family and that He designed us to have each other from the beginning.
Ask God to help parents lead and guide their children the way God wants them to.
Ask God to help kids have open hearts that learn from families.
Ask God for opportunities to bear Jesus’ image to others.
Thank God for having a clear purpose for Jesus to be our Savior.