Parent Commitment - May 8, 2013
Hispanic Parent Commitment - March 6, 2013
Parent Commitment - Dec 5th
Parent Commitment - Nov 7th
Parent Commitment is a spiritual milestone for parents of new babies (age two and under). It is both a holy covenant before the Father, and an intentional commitment before the church body, to raise their child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Completing a Parent Commitment class is a pre-requisite to participation in the actual commitment service. The class shares both information about the spiritual training of children and parental responsibility for becoming the primary faith trainers of their child(ren), as well as information regarding partnering with the preschool ministry at CFBC. It is taught by David Upchurch, Associate Pastor to Young Married Adults, and Becky Marshall, Minister to Preschool.
What it is not
Parent Commitment is not related to infant baptism, as we believe the biblical principle of baptism being only for those old enough to believe and publicly profess a personal faith in Christ.
Who may participate?
The class and commitment service are reserved for parents of babies, age two and under, who have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and are recognized as CFBC members. Married couples or a single parent, living god-honoring lives and upholding biblical standards for the family, may participate.
Because we believe:
Marriage is a picture of the relationship of Christ and the church
Parents are the primary faith trainers of their children, and the home is the center of Christian discipleship and a testimony of redemption to the lost world
1 Corinthians 14:40
All things be done properly and in an orderly manner
Therefore, unmarried parents will be asked to wait until they are in a biblical covenant marriage relationship to participate in Parent Commitment. If you have any questions or would like to talk to a pastor about this principle, please make an appointment with David Upchurch at 281-440-3800.
- Next Parent Commitment Class: April 10, 2013 / registration deadline April 7, 2013
- Next Parent Commitment Service: May 8, 2013
How to Participate
- Contact the Kids Ministry Office to obtain the Registration form, which must be completed and returned to the Kids Ministry Office by April 7, 2013, the Sunday prior to the required Parent Commitment class, to reserve your space. Please email the completed form, with a digital photo of your child to Carol Terry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If married, both parents must attend the class.
- Once your paperwork is processed, you will be contacted by the Kids Ministry Office regarding your participation in, and details about, the class and the commitment service. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Marshall, Minister to Preschool, at email@example.com. or 281-440-3800.
Future Parent Commitment Dates
- Parent Commitment Class: April 10, 2013 / registration deadline April 7, 2013
- Parent Commitment Service: May 8, 2013
- Parent Commitment Class: July 10, 2013 / registration deadline July 7, 2013
- Parent Commitment Service: July 31, 2013
- Parent Commitment Class: October 16, 2013 / registration deadline October 13, 2013
- Parent Commitment Service: November 13, 2013
Also available in Spanish
- Spanish Parent Commitment Class: May 5, 2013 / registration deadline April 28, 2013
- Spanish Parent Commitment Service: June 5, 2013
- Spanish Parent Commitment Class: September 8, 2013 / registration deadline September 1, 2013
- Spanish Parent Commitment Service: October 2, 2013