The scriptural basis for GAP is Ezekiel 22:30. Here God declares, “I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land.” God was searching for someone among His people who would express concern for the spiritual well-being of others, by praying and interceding for them.
The GAP class therefore is a class that helps those who are called to be prayer intercessors or who simply want to be more effective in their prayer life. It is a class where:
- You are taught spiritual dependence on God
- You are taught the importance making up the hedge for lost souls
- You are taught how to prepare for spiritual battle
- You are taught how to be continually restored spiritually
- How spiritual power is regenerated